Hope you’re all enjoying the snow. Looks like there’s more on the way – so a great weekend for making snowmen, tobogganing or going skiing. All the nearest ski resorts are now open – Flumserberg, Flims /Laax, Davos, Klosters, Lenzerheide and Hoch Ybrig – but check on their websites (click the resort links in blue above) before you head off to check how many runs are open and the latest conditions. We also always have the Snow Report listed on this website under Practical Info.
If you’re not hitting the mountains, here’s a round up of things going on in Zurich and a couple of tips too!
1. If you fancy taking part in the annual Sylversterlauf run round Zurich on 16th December you need to be quick. Online registration closes on Sunday 9th December.
2. Why not visit the Heiliger Bimbam Market with late night shopping, which is on this weekend at the Plaza.
3. And after Samichlaus Day last Thursday if you (or your children) have Santa on your mind you could take them to visit Father Christmas in his cabin in Waldhüsli in Chäferbergwald. Take Tram 11 or 15 or bus 32 or 72 to Bucheggplatz and the cabin is a short stroll in the woods signposted from Restaurant Neue Waid. Open just this Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th December from 10am – 4pm. Visiting Father Christmas is free of charge but donations are welcome.
6. Why not visit a Christmas Market in Switzerland?
7. Or visit a Christmas Market over the border?
8. Sunday 9th December is another Shopping Sunday in Zurich with most of the shops open till 6pm. For the full list of dates and opening times of all the Shopping Sundays leading up to Christmas check here.
9. SBB TICKET PRICE INCREASE
On a practical note, the SBB are putting up the prices of tickets, Halbtax etc on Sunday 9th and tram tickets are going up too – so do check you have the right cash for your ticket!
Have a great weekend!
Photos: Silvesterlauf and NewInZurich