Here’s a quick round up of things going on this weekend in Zurich.
1. This weekend there is Sunday Shopping in Zurich – so if you’re still looking for presents or indeed need to get some food in before all your visitors arrive, you have Sunday as well as Saturday to shop. For the full list click here.
2. There is also the “Heiliger Bimbam Market” taking place around the Maag Halle and Kreis 5 on both Saturday and Sunday which we talked about in our most recent post – more information here.
3. The Christmas Markets in Zurich and most other locations in Switzerland close down for the season just before Christmas. For full details check the information here.
4. There is still ice skating to be had! Why not do some ice skating at the Dolderbahn, at Live on Ice in Kusnacht or take the children skating on Saturday (closed Sunday) at the ice skating rink at Glattzentrum .
5. If your children haven’t ridden on the Marlitram yet with Father Christmas and his angels it might be worth checking at Jelmoli to see if there are any spaces left – otherwise one to put on the list for next year.
6. Do catch the Singing Christmas Tree if you haven’t already. The Singing Christmas Tree is located just off Bahnhofstrasse in Werdmuhlelplatz. This Saturday and Sunday are the last days to watch until next year. Here are the details of the times etc.
|Sa. 22.12.2012||14.30 / 15.3017.30 / 18.30||Wylandmeisli AndelfingenKammerchor der Kantonsschule Stadelhofen||KinderchorSchülerchor|
|So. 23.12.2012||14.30 / 15.3017.30 / 18.30||Offenes Singen mit 4 Händen und 50 Weihnachtsglocken
Offenes Singen mit 4 Händen und 50 Weihnachtsglocken
7. If you’re heading for the mountains to ski check our “Practical Info” page which lists the ski areas and info on the latest snow conditions in various resorts local to Zurich. For the practical info page go here.
Photos: NewInZurich and Singing Christmastree