Lots going on this weekend in and around Zurich and it looks like it will be a good one whether it snows or not. A few things to keep you busy:
1. Open Day (Tag der Offenen Tur) at Zurich Kunsthaus – the gallery is open to everyone for free and lots of special activities including music, tours, competitions etc will be laid on to entertain you and please scroll down to our previous post on this topic for more information. Don’t miss this great opportunity: kunsthaus.ch
2. Continuing with the “art theme” there is also the exhibition of young Swiss artists in Winterthur jungkunst.ch which looks like a great occasion to view aspiring Swiss artists in a relaxed atmosphere where you can enjoy, music, shopping and food and drink. Love this picture by Alain Poussot:
3. Jelmoli Style Days continue with a Family Day in the children’s department with special offers, family photo shoots, a special family breakfast in the newly opened Sopra restaurant and 10% discount on many items across the whole store.
4. On Saturday evening there will be an “apocalyptic evening of fun and food” with a reading in English by Justin Cronin, author of “The Twelve” at Orell Fuessli bookstore at 8:00 p.m. Entrance free. For more information click here. This is part of the “Zurich Liest ’12” initiative which you may have seen advertised on billboards around Zurich. From October 25th to 28th, the international literary festival «Zürich liest 2012» there will be 140 literary events and more than 200 writers from Switzerland, Germany, Europe and overseas in Zurich and Winterthur «Zürich liest» is a well-known literary festival in the German-speaking world and project is run by the Zurich booksellers and editors association (www.zbvv.ch).For more info in English click here: Zurich Liest ’12
5. On Sunday there is the Family Halloween Day at the Jucker Pumpkin Farm in Seegraben from 11am till 5pm. For more information scroll down to our previous post on the pumpkin farm and it’s “Olympic”pumpkin exhibition or click here to go to the website (in German)
Photo: Jucker Farm
6. And if you’re feeling thirsty why not taste some wine at the Coop Weinmesse at the Schuetzenhaus in Albisguetli. It’s closed on Sunday but it is open on Saturday 27th from 2pm – 10pm. For free entrance (worth CHF 20) click on this link and download the coupon under the Zurich Albisguetli heading. Prost!