The forecast looks set for a fabulous time to go skiing and snowboarding in the mountains! The snow is great following the recent snow showers and the sun looks set to shine.
So where are you heading? Klosters the resort with royal connections where you can recline in a deckchair by the palm trees and catch the rays, Davos where you can take a dip in a hot tub perched right in the snow after a hard day’s skiing or hard day’s networking at the World Economic Forum – or perhaps Flims/Laax where you can show off your latest snowboarding tricks at the snow park? Or why not explore one of the closer resorts like Atzmaennig, Hoch Ybrig, Pizol or Flumserberg? If you want to check the conditions in nearby resorts take a look at our Practical Info page under Skiing.
Another possibility is the St.Moritz Polo World Cup on Snow which is on till this Sunday 27th January. This event is the world’s most prestigious Winter polo tournament – so if you’ve not been to one before, this is a great one to experience. It all takes place on the frozen lake there – lots of fun, excitement and colour! Click here for our previous post.
If you’re staying home in Zurich there are lots of things to do:
1. The Kunsthaus’s exhibition of Paul Gaugin’s “The Prints” has been extended till this Sunday 27th. For more information check here.
2. The Migros Museum in Zurich is showing a “VideoInstallation” exhibition by the Icelandic artist Ragnar Kjartansson called “The Visitors” which also ends on Sunday 27th January. Please check the website or read our previous post (complete with rather interesting photo!).
is an exciting Argentinian dance group from Buenos Aires consisting of 10 talented young dancers bringing the passion of the tango to life in their new show “Flames of Desire”. Click here for more information and to book.
Take advantage of our special NewInZurich offer: 20% discount off any performance of Tango Fire up till Sunday 27th – just quote code XP2013TF to get this offer.
You can also book tickets online at www.tangofire.ch/angebot
with the promotional code XP2013TF
4. Aura Grand Opening Party Saturday 26th
If you are in Zurich on Saturday why not visit Aura, the new place to be in Zurich, as they will be celebrating their grand opening from 11pm – 4am. Tickets CHF 30 .To book please go to this website.
5. The Helmhaus Museum in Zurich
shows a lot of contemporary art and their current exhibition is entitled “Nach dem Spiel ist vor dem Spiel” (After the game is before the game) and also runs till the 27th January. Entrance is free and the exhibition is open 10am – 6pm Tuesday to Sunday For more information
6. The Original Cuban Circus
Another exciting event coming up is the Original Cuban Circus performing live at the Volkshaus from the 24th to the 27th January. Featuring unicycles, clowns, acrobats, dancers, fire-eaters and lots more it’s sure to be a treat for the whole family. Tickets available here.
7. The Mercedes Benz CSI Golden Moments is bound to be of interest to horse lovers and is on this weekend at the Messe in Oerlikon from the 25th to the 27th January. For more information please read our previous post.
8. Pure Beauty Spa Opening Party
Our friends at Pure Beauty Spa are celebrating the opening of their new salon in Zollikerstrasse 82 in Seefeld, Zurich with an opening party on Thursday 31st January at 6pm . Lots of special offers and treats and an opportunity to see what is on offer. For more information.
9. Simply Theatre Auditions in Zurich for “The Jungle Book” production
This weekend could be your chance to audition to be part of the exciting play. If you are aged between 8 – 18 you can come along to audition on Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th for a part in Rudyard Kilping’s Jungle Book. For more information and to book online or phone directly click here.
10. Orell Fuessli’s English Book Club
11. Joanne Finnegan’s Mountain Paintings at the AWC
12. Laura Heselton, International psychic medium and motivational workshop leader
is in Zurich now until February 8th. She is conducting readings and workshops and more so why not contact her now to arrange a consultation via email here
13. Leona Lewis will be performing at Art On Ice at the Hallenstadion on 31st January till 3rd February. There are still a few tickets available for purchase. Check this link
for the latest details and for more details on the event itself read our previous post.
14. Beauty and Detox at Palais Kraft on 1st February
There is a Beauty and Detox event taking place at Palais Kraft, Kraftstrasse 29, Zurich on Friday February 1st from 5pm featuring catered food and drinks, lounge music,detox tips, information about Botox and fillers, shoes by Colette Sol and lots more. For more information and to book this free event email email@example.com
15. **** FREE TICKETS **** for John Thade
Free prize draw for 5 sets of double tickets to see the American tenor John Thade sing at the Jecklin Forum in Zurich on 9th February and 9th March. For more infromation read here.
16. Grafik 13
Lastly, if you someone in your family with an artistic flair, why not get them to enter their work into the “Grafik 13” showcase for grafic design and young art. The closing date to register is 4th February and Grafik 13 will be taking place at the Maag Halle. For more information read here.
Whatever you do, have a great weekend and a fabulous week ahead!