There’s lots on in and around this coming week – so here are a few ideas:
1. Joanne Finnegan’s Mountain Paintings at the AWC – Vernissage 2nd February
British painter Joanne Finnegan is exhibiting her paintings at the American Women’s Club Zurich from February 2nd to March 30th. Don’t miss the Vernissage is on Saturday February 2nd from 6:30 to 9pm. www.joannefinnegan.com
2. Laura Heselton, International psychic medium and motivational workshop leader is now in Zurich. Join her for her Workshop on Wednesday February 6th and learn to become your own guru. She is also conducting readings and more so why not contact her now to arrange a consultation via email here.
3. There will be amazing ice skaters as well as Leona Lewis performing at Art On Ice at the Hallenstadion on 2nd and 3rd February. If you are lucky enough to be going check our previous post for information and photos.
4. Why not learn all about the “Giant Trees” at the a photo presentation lasting 110 minutes with Michael Brunner (in German) at the Volkhaus, Stauffacherstrasse 60 in Zurich on Sunday February 3rd at 4:30 p.m. & 7:30 p.m. It costs CHF 25 entrance and tickets can be bought (subject to availability) just before the event. For more information in German please read here.
5. Comedy in English: Missing humour in English? Laugh along with American actress/comedienne Sylvia Day and her special guests in “50 Shades of DAY!” Don’t miss this unforgettable variety/sketch comedy show which runs March 15 and 16 in Zurich. “A hilarious and thought-provoking look at the crazy times we live in.” For details and to buy tickets go to the website.
6. Pure Beauty Spa in Seefeld is now open! It’s conveniently located in Zollikerstrasse 82, 8008 Zurich and Georgina and Alex have a Special Introductory Offer for NewInZurich readers offering 10% discount off your first treatment. Simply quote NewInZurich when booking. Appointments can be booked via our website or by sending an email to: email@example.com or by calling: 043 544 31 31 or 078 640 71 78.
7. **** FREE TICKETS **** for John Thade
There is still time to enter the free prize draw for 5 sets of double tickets to see the American tenor John Thade sing at the Jecklin Forum in Zurich. Please note the date of 9th February has been changed to 13th April (due to illness) but the second date remains 9th March. For more infromation read here.
8.. The 29th International Country Music Festival is coming to town and is being held at the Schutzenhaus in Albisguetli from 1st February – 24th March. Full details of the 38 day line up and the schedule can be viewed here.
9. Fonds ’13 – the Funds Fair takes place in Zurich on 6th and 7th February at the Kongresshaus near Burkliplatz in Zurich. February 6th is the “Professional Investors Day” and 7th February is the Public Day. For more information and for tickets go to the website.
10. Valentines Masquerade Dinner and Ball at Schloss Sihlberg on Thursday February 14th for singles and couples. For more information go to the website.
11. FESPO – travel and holiday fair continues and concludes on Sunday 3rd February at the Messe in Oerlikon in Zurich. It is open from 10am till 6pm and tickets cost CHF 14 but you can get reduced entry of just CHF 8 by showing a valid public transport ticket. Children under 12 are free. For more information please visit the website.
12. Golfmesse.ch is part of the FESPO holiday fair and is geared at golf lovers. Just like the FESPO exhibition, it continues and concludes on Sunday 3rd February from 10am till 6pm. For more information read on.
13. Tauchmesse.ch is also part of the FESPO holiday fair, concentrating on all things to do with diving. For more information click here.
Whatever you do, have a great weekend and a fabulous week ahead!