There’s lots to do this weekend in Zurich. Here’s a quick round up – just click on the blue links for more information:
1.Whisky sampling on the Whisky Ships at Burkliplatz.
2. The Singing Christmas Tree in Werdmühleplatz just off Bahnhofstrasse is an institution in Zurich and if you haven’t seen it before then don’t miss it this year. Christmas carols are sung by children all lined up in the formation of a Christmas Tree. Why not go along and watch with a warming glass of Gluhwein! From 24th November to 23rd December For more information.
3. The LIP Lounge Christmas Party takes place on Saturday December 1st from 7.30pm to 4am at Schloss Sihlberg, Sihlberg 10, 8002, Zurich.
4. Samichlus Schwimmen – Father Christmas Swim in the Limmat – takes place on Sunday 2nd December from 2pm from Schifflände near Bellevue (Restaurant «Pier 7») to the Barfussbar at the Frauenbadi in Stadthausquai Don’t worry, it’s too late to register to actually swim – but you can go along and watch as the brave souls dive into the freezing cold water!
5. Sunday Shopping in Zurich, in Glattzentrum and in Sihlcity. Check this post for full details.
6. Book signing on Sunday 2nd December by JJ Marsh at Orell Fuessli in Rennweg in Zurich from 4.30pm – 6pm
7. Airport Santa bakes Christmas Cookies this Saturday and Sunday from 2pm – 4pm on the Upperdeck of Zurich Airport. This event is free for children 4 years old onwards, accompanied by one adult. If possible register in advance (see link above in blue) otherwise you can just turn up. Free refreshments for children and live music too. This event is also on on 8th and 9th December at the same time.
8. You can also go Christmas Shopping at the airport and leave your little ones in a free creche. While you shop the children are entertained with painting and other activities. This service is available from 1st – 23rd December on Wednesdays and Fridays from 1pm – 6pm and on Saturdays and Sunday from 10am – 6pm.
9. A visit to Zug for the English speaking production of Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs.
10 A visit to a Christmas Market in Switzerland.
11 A trip on the Marlitram for the children.
12 On 4th and 5th December Landscapes of the Soul Art Exhibition by Guillermo Rodriguez. Read more here.