What have you got planned for Wednesday 1st August, the Swiss National Holiday? Do you have a secret tip? Lots of restaurants and Gemeindes are laying on festivities and there are plenty of events in Zurich, from entertainment in lakeside restaurants, to BBQ dinner and fireworks at the top of the Uetliberg, to music at the Barfussbar, to music and fireworks in the Park Im Gruene in Ruschlikon. If you want to start celebrating early, why not visit Stein am Rhein, tomorrow evening, 31st July to view impressive fireworks over the water! www.rheinfall.ch/
Today the thermometer scaled the heights in Switzerland with reported temperatures of up to 35.3 degrees in Sitten. In Zurich it wasn’t quite that warm – but it was hot! However, not everywhere was quite so sizzling. In Interlaken there was even a hail storm with large hail stones – see picture
(courtesy of 20 Minuten)
Today’s 20 Minutes has some suggestions on how to spend this beautiful weather, e.g., 1) Why not try out the wave pool at Badi Letzigraben ? The waves are up to 1.5m high, every half an hour!
2) Starting tomorrow free live Openair concerts with Zurich musicians at Baeckeranlage
3) Hike up to Albishorn to take in the views 909 meter above sea level and why not visit the Bergrestaurant for lunch? Access only by foot – take the train to Langnau Gattikon. (closed Thursdays)
4) The first Seilpark (high wire park) in the Kanton of Zurich is now open daily in Kloten
Vanessa is one of the sculptures making up part of the “Art and the City” exhibition in Zurich www.artandthecity.ch/which runs till 23rd September. The conceptual artist Alex Hanimann from St. Gallen provides one of the most eye-catching works of the exhibition with this monumental sculpture made of chrome steel. Vanessa was originally intended for the inner courtyard of a high school in Heerbrugg, but since the building has not yet been completed, the sculpture is temporarily located at the Steinfelsplatz.
This is the place to go whether you’re brand new to Zurich or whether you’re “not so new”. Places, people, events and all that’s going on in Zurich as well as helpful advice and support.
If you want to know more, particularly information about the practical side of life, sign up for one of our Workshops or talks. We run talks on the following topics:-
– Welcome to Zurich – all the practical information you need to enjoy this amazing city to the full
– Snowtime in Zurich – what to do, where to go , out to make the most of snowy Switzerland
– Moving On – moving home, or to a new destination is full of pitfalls – we help make it easy and less stressful for you
– SummerFun – Summer in Switzerland can be magical – join us for a 2 hour talk on all the things you can do – excursions and events for you, your family, your guests – in Zurich and all over Switzerland!
Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can let you know the next dates for group workshops or simply organise a tailor made one just for you. We want to help you enjoy Zurich to the full!